Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Theme Songs For Bible Characters


Someone has suggested the following theme songs for Bible characters (Warning: some of these are real oldies!):

Noah: "Raindrops Keep Falling on My Head"

Adam and Eve: "Strangers in Paradise"

Lazarus: "The Second Time Around"

Esther: "I Feel Pretty"

Job: "I've Got a Right to Sing the Blues"

Moses: "The Wanderer"

Jezebel: "The Lady is a Tramp"

Samson: "Hair"

Salome: "I Could Have Danced All Night"

Daniel: "The Lion Sleeps Tonight"

Joshua: "Good Vibrations"

Peter: "I'm Sorry"

Esau: "Born To Be Wild"

Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego: "Great Balls of Fire!"

The Wise Men: "When You Wish Upon a Star"

Elijah: "Up, Up, and Away"

Methuselah: "Stayin' Alive"

Nebuchadnezzar: "Crazy"

There was no theme song suggested for Jesus Christ. May I suggest the following song, entitled "A New Song," first sung by those two famous groups, "The Four Living Creatures" and "The Twenty-Four Elders":

"You are worthy to take the scroll, and to open its seals; For you were slain, and have redeemed us to God by your blood out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation, and have made us kings and priests to our God; And we shall reign on the earth.....Worthy is the Lamb who was slain to receive power and riches and wisdom, and strength and honor and glory and blessing!" (Rev. 5:9-10,12)

I don't know about you, but I look forward to joining them someday in this great song of praise. Worthy is the Lamb!

No comments:

Post a Comment